McAfee AntiVirus Plus 3User 2010 by McAfee

Sunday, May 9, 2010 Labels:
McAfee AntiVirus Plus 3User 2010McAfee AntiVirus Plus software offers essential PC security with accelerated performance and helps keep you safe online. It's now available with revolutionary Active Protection technology, enabling the fastest updates and highest levels of detection against malicious threats. It provides Anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-phishing and two-way firewall protection. McAfee AntiVirus Plus software also features McAfee SiteAdvisor technology, a powerful website safety advisor that uses simple color codes to identify risky websites so you can safely surf the Web and transact online. With continuous and automatic updates, McAfee helps ensure that you are running the most current security to combat the ever-evolving Internet threats.


Click here to check price or purchase McAfee AntiVirus Plus 3User 2010

Norton and NOD have been my main AV software protection for the last 5 years, I gave up on Norton about 2 years ago due to it's high use of resources, and switched to NOD. I avoided McAfee up until now because I often read that it was a resource hog like Norton. This year things have sort of changed, call it the Year of Windows 7 and an attempt to clean up all the Bloat in the Windows camp, but from what I have read Norton 2009 and Mcafee have both trimmed the fat. So far I find Mcafee to be a lot less of a Hog than Norton 2008 but it still bleeds off some of my PC's speed. I give it 4 stars because even with though I get a hit in speed, I am also getting what feels like a very robust protection system.

My experience with McAfee so far:

The Good:
Installed cleanly, no problems. So far .
As far as I can tell it has detected and removed all the viruses that I have encountered but no one ever knows for sure unless you can run multiple AV programs on your PC and thats really not an option due to conflicts in the software.
But overal it seems that the protection in this version of McAfee's software is very good.
Three user license is great, thats just the perfect number for most homes.

The Bad:
It's a resource Hog, just like Norton. It slows down my PC when running, so if your on a underpowered PC this might not be for you. If your running Dual core or Quad core this should not be a problem unless your a gamer trying to get the most FPS.

The GUI will be baffling to the novice, it has options that are buried fairly deep.

Conclusion:

Worth the money, not bad to use, has a powerful but complex interface. It will be a welcome addition to anybody with a fairly modern PC, but will not be a good option for Gamers or people with very old PC's. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
the greatsoft © 2010 | Designed by Blogger Hacks | Blogger Template by ColorizeTemplates