Product Features
- Premium protection against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootkits, bots and more
- Detects vulnerabilities in applications
- Built for fast, optimal PC performance
- Scans all web sites for malicious software
- Phishing and identity theft protection
Click here to check price or purchase Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 3-User
I loved Kaspersky Internet Security 2009. It was the best IS software I have owned. Their upgrade cost was pricey so I bought it through amazon.com, one of their market sellers.
I bought the 3 user license and installed it on my 3 computers. No problem at first. Then, one by one, they each had protection suspended for a "license violation". I chatted with Kaspersky tech support and they instructed me how to reactivate the license. This worked, but each computer continues to be kicked off at intermittent times and left my computers unprotected.
I sent an email support request to Kaspersky and they sent me some boilerplate answer that suggested, among other things, that the software was sold by a spammer who had distributed the same license number to other users. I said I had bought it from a legitimate seller, that is, amazon.com and if someone else is trying to usurp my license number they should block them instead of me. Kaspersky replied that I have an international license number from the UK and they don't support it. I wrote again to ask why the link for support in the software goes to them if it's not their company? He replied, rather rudely, that amazon.com is not an authorized dealer and if I get my money back from them so that I can buy it from Kaspersky at their price I won't have these problems.
In other words, it appears you can't be assured that your computers will be protected and receive support for issues unless you buy the product directly from Kaspersky's web site. I have never heard of this before!
0 comments:
Post a Comment