1. Backing up over network, high compression, custom drivers loading is easy to do. You will backup in style
2. Superior and useful utilities.
3. Every imaginable problem from the legendary Ghost 2003 is fixed and improved.
4. No more .gho format anymore. The current format so far has handled some large partition backups for me. Full 30GB partitions to high compression is a breeze.
Restores get C-:
1. Right away after a partition recover, you will get the message "Please insert the Recovery disk". It will say "Error EA730002: Cannot find the driver database directory". How does this error stay in the product? It is one confusing message for a successful recovery. The recovery disk is really just the ghost CD.
Click here to check price or purchase Symantec Norton Ghost 15.0 (1 PC)
2. Then there is the staged recovery mystery. With 2 identical machines of the same hardware, I can only restore to the machine where I initially did the cold backups. I don't understand. This is ruining my confidence in the product. We are talking same motherboards, same versions, everything.
3. What other kind of hardware replacement will prevent my restores? Should I buy another backup product just in case?
2. Then there is the staged recovery mystery. With 2 identical machines of the same hardware, I can only restore to the machine where I initially did the cold backups. I don't understand. This is ruining my confidence in the product. We are talking same motherboards, same versions, everything.
3. What other kind of hardware replacement will prevent my restores? Should I buy another backup product just in case?
You can buy the upgrade on the Symantec Web Site and you don't even need to have owned any prior versions. I bought mine online from their website, downloaded the software, installed it, applied the serial number that was given at the time of purchase and the product activated and never even asked for a prior version or older serial number. Save $20.00 and go purchase it over on Symantec's Website.
I like this version as it has a new feature where you can make restoreable images directly from the Boot CD and you don't even have to be in Windows when making an image any longer. Of course you still have that option, especially if you want to perform scheduled backups, but if you prefer to make backups without booting into the OS, simply boot from the CD and you have many options to choose from. The overall look is pretty much the same as version 14 of Ghost. There are a few other new features as well, but overall it looks just like version 14 and is compatible with Windows 7. Ghost 14 will not work with Windows 7, so you need Ghost 15.
I like this version as it has a new feature where you can make restoreable images directly from the Boot CD and you don't even have to be in Windows when making an image any longer. Of course you still have that option, especially if you want to perform scheduled backups, but if you prefer to make backups without booting into the OS, simply boot from the CD and you have many options to choose from. The overall look is pretty much the same as version 14 of Ghost. There are a few other new features as well, but overall it looks just like version 14 and is compatible with Windows 7. Ghost 14 will not work with Windows 7, so you need Ghost 15.
0 comments:
Post a Comment