Click here to check price or purchase DeLorme Street Atlas USA 2010 Plus
Overall a good program, but has one serious flaw (for an RV driver) in that it does not distinguish dirt roads from paved roads. While driving a 38' motorhome towing a car, I got 20 miles out on a 2 lane paved road that suddenly turned into a small dirt road without any warning. Since I didn't want to continue on a dirt road and there was no place large enough for a u-turn, I had to unhook the car and jockey the motorhome to get it turned around. This wasted an hour of our time as well as fuel which resulted in a lot of unnecessary frustration.
Pros: Good features and fairly user friendly. In spite of the cons listed below, I would recommend the program.
Cons: Not distinguishing between the types of roads; some maps are not up to date (as well as mis-labeled.) Also, the POI's for non-urban areas are lacking (known restaurants, gas stations, campgrounds are not listed). (My Garmin GPS shares the same downfalls.)
Bottomline: Great for mapping out a route; just be sure of the drive-ability of the roads it may take you on.
0 comments:
Post a Comment