Bitdefender Total Security 2010 - 3Pc/2Yr by Bitdefender

Monday, May 10, 2010 Labels:
Bitdefender Total Security 2010 - 3Pc/2YrBitDefender 2010 Total Security is internet security software the way it should be built. 

The installation asks you what type of user you are, with the choices of typical, gamer, parent, and a fourth choice I forgot. It then asks if you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced computer user. It then sets up the software based on your answers. Though advanced, I choose intermediate since I do not want to think about computers when I get home. I think the setup turned out perfect for me.

The newest version scans almost twice as fast as BitDefender 2009 and is far less resource intensive. I always thought BitDefender was efficient relative to other internet software, but 2010 has made another jump in performance. I was able to play Fallout 3, run a scan, and not notice a problem.
Click here to check price or purchase Bitdefender Total Security 2010 - 3Pc/2Yr
I like Total Security over other versions of BitDefender since it has all the features I want such as a registry optimizer and file backup. These are not available on other versions of BitDefender.

Of course, "Does the software protect well?" Results vary between different testers, but in general BitDefender does very well relative to others. But I work part time in IT security and I know keeping your software up to date and running scans regularly is more far more important than the type of software. Caveat, I do not use the parental controls or spam filter.

So why not five stars? I do not think there is such a thing as five star internet security software. All security software will have problems running on some computers. I have had Norton and TrendMicro not work on home computers, and read cases of Kapursky, and McAfee not running on other computers. I am sure BitDefender 2010 will have problems on some computers.

The main advice I tell people is go to an internet security site and try an evaluation copy. If it works and you like it, then buy a copy from Amazon where it will be cheaper. You can usually just plug the registration key in the software package into your evaluation copy. I have tried recent copies of McAfee, Norton, Kapursky, McAfee, TrendMicro and Avast. But with great software with a price for two years what others charge for one year (except Avast), I think you should start with BitDefender.

Update - Works great with Windows 7. And I am 80% sure a problem on my computer that I had to solve for the upgrade to work was due an evaluation copy of Norton 360 I tried earlier this year. We use Norton AntiVirus at work, but I would give it one star as a home use product. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
the greatsoft © 2010 | Designed by Blogger Hacks | Blogger Template by ColorizeTemplates